Latest Nigerian News|Football updates|9ja celebrity news|international news|


Gumi Calls Femi Fani-Kayode Judas Of Oduduwa After He Joined APC

Judas of Oduduwa

I have for long, neglected the rantings of the Judas of Oduduwa attacking me knowing fully well that he is fake and a traitor.

Time has now caught up with him and thanks to Allah, all his vituperations are cast in the dustbin of merciless history.

It is him now, one wonders which of the seven circles of hell this duper will settle if he doesn’t repent.

One Dies As Soldiers Arrest Policeman With 370 Bullets In Jos

Troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN (OPSH), on Thursday, intercepted two suspects with 370 rounds of ammunition.

The bullets were concealed in a Toyota Pathfinder with registration number Plateau LGT 772 JN.

The driver had attempted to maneuvre the military check point at Werreng along road Barkin Ladi – Jos, the Plateau capital.

“The car hit the barricade which resulted in the death of one of the suspects”, Major Ishaku Takwa, Military Information Officer said in a statement.

Preliminary investigation revealed that one of them is Sergeant Azi Jonathan, a 30-year old police traffic warden. The deceased is Nengak Daniel, 60 years.

His body has been handed over to the Police Divisional Headquarters at Barkin Ladi, while Jonathan is undergoing further interrogation.

Other items recovered were N205,070, one empty case of ammunition, one dagger, a torchlight, 3 Techno phones, national identity card, 3 wraps of cannabis and a bag containing clothing materials.

The Commander OPSH, Major General Ibrahim Ali has commended the troops for their vigilance.

Ali reiterated the determination of the military command to flush out criminal elements on the Plateau and environs.

He urged law-abiding citizens to continue with their normal activities and provide security agencies with credible information on criminal activities.

A similar bust was made last month when a man heading to Jos was arrested with 320 bullets.

Source:- Daily Post

Babafemi Ojudu Unhappy As Femi Fani-Kayode Joins APC

Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Political Matters, Babafemi Ojudu, is unhappy after Femi Fani-Kayode joined the All Progressives Congress.

This is as he described Thursday as the saddest in his political career.

He posted the message on Facebook, hours after FFK met his boss at Aso Rock and defected to the ruling party.

“This is the saddest day of my political career,” Ojudu posted.

Ojudu subsequently shared a previous vow by FFK that he would never join APC, adding “I prefer to die than join APC”.

Before joining APC, Fani-Kayode is one of the prominent opposition voices in the country and he was a spokesperson for his former party, Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential campaign.

The PUNCH had reported that Buhari formally Fani- Kayode, who recently defected from the PDP to the All Progressives Congress.

Kayode was led into the President’s office by the Caretaker Chairman of the APC and Governor of Yobe , Mr Mai-Mala Buni as well as Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara.

Speaking to State House correspondents after Kayode’s presentation, Buni quoted the President as describing the defection of Kayode to APC as a welcome development, saying that the president was pleased that the former minister had joined the APC.

He said, “We are here to present our newest member of the party, Chief Femi Fani- Kayode to the President and leader of the party.

“He is the newest member of APC and we just received him in appreciation and understanding of the President’s vision and magnanimity.

“The President received him very well. The President is a leader who shares his vision and looks toward greater Nigeria, so he received him very well and commended his courage.”

Fani-Kayode, who also spoke to the correspondents, said he believed that it was time for him to cross over to join hands with the President in moving Nigeria forward.

He said, “The point is that I felt it was time to do the right thing, to put Nigeria first and appreciate the efforts that have been made, particularly in the last couple of years in terms of security; fighting insurgency and terrorism.

“It is not always negative and when the time is right, we change direction to join forces and join hands to move the country forward.

“Doing this doesn’t mean we are enemies to anybody. Even if we are in another party, the PDP or any other party or group, we can still work together across party, regional, ethnic or religious lines,” he said.

Source:- Punch Ng

Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation

Omo Pataki, a group of Lagos indigenes, has accused Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of marginalisation over the appointment of Prof. Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello, wife of the Lagos State Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Mr. Tunji Bello, as the new Vice Chancellor of the Lagos State University (LASU).
She is the ninth and the second female to occupy the post in the institution.

A professor of Physiology, she had served as Acting Vice-Chancellor before her appointment.

But Omo Eko Pataki accused the governor of ignoring Lagos indigenes, who according to them, should be beneficiaries of such appointments but expressed sadness that the “Lagos State government’s one size fits all policy of marginalisation of indigenes is pushing the natives further into an enclave of sheer servitude.”

A statement by Major General Tajudeen Olanrewaju (retd), a trustee of Omo Eko Pataki, said the group would never be threatened into silence, noting that they would continue to defend and protect the dignity of their people.

“Omo Eko Pataki will never be threatened into silence. We will continue to defend and protect the collective heritage and the dignity of our people against the ravages of the scourge of aliens. It is so obvious now that this government is indifferent and contemptuous of the popular feelings of the indigenous community.”

“With the skewed decision to appoint Professor Ibiyemi Olatunji Bello, a native of Ondo state as the new Vice Chancellor of Lagos State University, LASU, Lagosians have been inflicted with an unpopular candidate far and above well qualified natives.

“Sanwo-olu himself who is of contested and ambiguous origin has demonstrated a partisan inclination that is disdainful of the democratic clamor of Lagosians. He has basically thumbed his nose on our people. While this may be the saddest day in the history of Lagosians, those who conspired to deepen our marginalisation will never be forgiven by the ultimate judgement of history.

“A candidate who came last twice in the Sanwo-Olu’s annulled exercises, has suddenly transformed to number one position. This is gross abuse of public office to suit preferred political tendencies.

“From the beginning of this struggle to the the final decision of government, brilliant professors from Lagos State, some members of the Selection and Governing Councils and others lost out for performing and asking for their legitimate duties. They were removed from participating in the process of selecting the VC of LASU.

“We at Ọmọ Eko Pataki are particularly saddened and troubled with this brazen miscarriage of justice. This decision is a lie and no lie can live forever.

“Sanwo-Olu may have had his way but not for long. His rigged victory is transient. The collaborators of injustice can never escape the well hewn unforgiving arbitration of orovidence. This is a Pyrrhic victory for the ephemeral tools of power. We will not be silenced. Our voice will remain strong and vibrant, unmuted by the lash of evil. We will continue to resist and rail against injustice until the truth prevails over falsehood,” Olanrewaju said.

Source:- Sunnews

Will Queen Elizabeth’s Late Husband Be Sealed, Court Decides

The will of Prince Philip, the late husband of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth, will be sealed and remain private for at least 90 years to preserve the monarch’s dignity, a judge at London’s High Court has ruled.

Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, who had been married to the 95-year-old British monarch for more than seven decades, died at the age of 99 at his wife’s Windsor Castle home to the west of London on April 9.

In keeping with a convention dating back to 1910, Andrew McFarlane, the president of the court’s Family Division, said he had agreed Philip’s will should be sealed up “and that no copy of the will should be made for the record or kept on the court file”.

He also ruled in favour of the request “to exclude the value of the estate from the grant of probate”.

“The degree of publicity that publication would be likely to attract would be very extensive and wholly contrary to the aim of maintaining the dignity of the Sovereign,” McFarlane said in a ruling published on Thursday.

He said the convention was that following the death of a senior royal, an application to seal the will was made to the Family Division president, with such hearings and judgments kept private.

However, he said “as is plain from this judgment” he considered it was a “necessary and proportionate intrusion into the private affairs of Her Majesty and the Royal Family to make public the fact that an application to seal the will of HRH The Prince Philip … has been made and granted in private, and to explain the underlying reasons”.

The judge said 90 years should pass from the granting of probate before the will should be unsealed in private before possible publication, a period he said was “proportionate and sufficient”.

He said the first royal whose will was sealed was Prince Francis of Teck, who was the younger brother of George V’s wife Queen Mary. He said he was the custodian of a safe containing more than 30 envelopes with the wills of dead royals.

The most recent additions were made in 2002 following the deaths of Queen Elizabeth’s mother, Elizabeth, and her sister Princess Margaret, he said.

Reuters

U.S. Congress Backs Good Friday Accords, House Speaker Pelosi Tells Britain’s Johnson

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she told British Prime Minister Boris Johnson the Good Friday Accords that ended decades of conflict in Northern Ireland continue to have bipartisan support in the U.S. Congress.

“Respectful of the will of the British people and Brexit, I reiterated the strong bipartisan support that the Good Friday Accords continue to enjoy in the United States Congress and our hope that the ongoing negotiations will yield a positive outcome that recognizes this landmark agreement,” Pelosi said in a statement after meeting with Johnson in London.

Reuters

Under Scrutiny In Murder Inquiry, Haiti’s PM Receives International Backing

A group of leading Haiti-based diplomats met with Prime Minister Ariel Henry and said it backed his efforts to solve the country’s political crisis, an apparent vote of confidence as he faces off accusations of links to the slaying of President Jovenel Moise.

A public prosecutor said on Friday phonecall records showed Henry had spoken twice with the suspected mastermind behind Moise’s killing just hours after it took place on July 7.

Henry, who denies he had anything to do with the murder, this week fired the prosecutor, who had sought to have him charged as a suspect, as well as the justice minister. Henry, a former neurosurgeon and political moderate, has not publicly addressed the phonecalls. He has dismissed the accusations as politically motivated.

The Core Group of Western ambassadors and representatives from the United Nations and Organization of American States said in a statement late on Wednesday it encouraged efforts by Henry and others to form “an inclusive government and accelerate the return to normal functioning of democratic institutions through elections.”

Power struggles under Moise had led to a political and constitutional crisis, with only a handful of elected officials in post after the country failed to hold parliamentary or municipal elections.

At the weekend, Henry announced an agreement between Haiti’s main political forces on a transition government, aiming to lead next year to elections and a referendum on a new constitution.

But the questions over his links to the suspect in Moise’s assassination have overshadowed that news.

The Core Group reiterated its call for “light to be shed” on the killing. Similar calls, however, for justice to be done over massacres in Port-au-Prince in recent years have not resulted in any arrests or convictions, with rights activists calling the justice system broken.

Several judicial officials working on the investigation into Moise’s slaying went into hiding after saying they received death threats, while the original judge assigned to the case recused himself.

Reuters

Blinken Calls France Vital Partner In Indo-Pacific In Apparent Bid To Calm French Fury

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Thursday said France was a “vital partner” in the Indo-Pacific region and that Washington would continue to cooperate with Paris, comments that appeared aimed at calming French anger after the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom clinched a historic defense export contract to supply Australia with submarines.

The three countries announced on Wednesday they would establish a security partnership for the Indo-Pacific that will help Australia acquire U.S. nuclear-powered submarines and scrap the $40 billion French-designed submarine deal.

France has reacted angrily to the loss of the deal, calling it a “stab in the back.” read more

Speaking at a news conference after meetings between the U.S. and Australian foreign and defense ministers in Washington, Blinken said Washington had been in touch with its French counterparts before the announcement of the submarine deal.

“We cooperate incredibly closely with France on many shared priorities in the Indo-Pacific but also beyond around the world. We’re going to continue to do so. We place fundamental value on that relationship, on that partnership,” Blinken said.

In 2016 Australia had selected French shipbuilder Naval Group to build a new submarine fleet worth $40 billion to replace its more than two-decades-old Collins submarines.

The United States and its allies are looking for ways to push back against China’s growing power and influence, particularly its military buildup, pressure on Taiwan and deployments in the contested South China Sea.

The White House on Thursday defended the U.S. decision, rejecting criticism from both China and France over the deal.

“We do not seek conflict with China,” White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters.

China said the United States, Australia and the UK were “severely damaging regional peace and stability.”

“In our view it’s about security in the Indo-Pacific,” said Psaki.

She said she would leave it to Australia on why they sought this technology from the United States.

“We don’t see this from our end as a regional divide. We see this as areas and security issues that we want to take on together,” she said.

Reuters

Nigerian Army Begins Recruitment For 82 Regular Recruit Intake

This is to inform the general public and all interested qualified candidates of the immediate commencement of online registration for special tradesman and women into the Nigerian Army for 82 Regular Recruits Intake. Interested applicants should apply via https://recruitment.army.mil.ng

NOTE: Nigerian Army Recruitment Form Is Free, Beware Of Fraudsters.

Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees

A young girl identified as Mellan Njeri, a form two student at Kihumbu-ini Secondary School in Murang’a county, Kenya has taken to the streets to beg for help with school fees.

To get the attention of would-be well-wishers, Njeri traversed Nairobi’s Central Business District carrying a placard with the words “please help me with school fees.”

The Standard reports that the teenager was sent home over arrears of KSh 29,177 (N109,175).
Reports indicate that as of 1:45 pm, the student and her friend Mary Wanjiru had already covered Langata Road, Parliament Road, Processional Way, Kenyatta Avenue, and Moi Avenue in Kenya but were yet to raise even a paltry KSh 500 (N1,870.92).

[i]“We arrived at the city centre around 8 am. She is my friend and neighbour that is why I accompanied her since I know her and the family,” [/i]Njeri’s friend said.

The 15-year-old, who was dressed in her full school uniform, explained that she was sent out of the institution over the arrears on September 10 but her mother could not raise the money needed.

Wondertvmedua

Copyright © 2019 - | CeenoMedia

Skip to toolbar